Crew Leaders: 900 hours
- Earn your USFS S-212 Chainsaw Certification
- Earn your Wilderness First Responder
- Earn 2 upper-division undergraduate course credits from the Environment and Natural Resources college of the University of Wyoming at no cost to you.
- In depth leadership training and close relationships with the project sponsors
- Employment: January – mid August (potentially September or early October)
- Minimum age of 21 and able to lift 50lbs repeatedly
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum experience with Microsoft Word
- US Citizen and eligible to earn AmeriCorps Education Award
- Click here for Crew Leader Application Page
An AmeriCorps position with Wyoming Conservation Corps is a volunteer position; an opportunity for participants to receive training, learn from their peers, and serve their community by restoring habitat and improving accessibility to natural areas. Monthly living stipends are intended to cover basic living costs (rent, utilities, food) while participating in the program.
Crew Leaders – $7,200 total