Crew Member: 450 hours
- Spend your summer exploring the mountains and valleys of Wyoming completing conservation projects with 7 other amazing people on your crew!
- Earn an AmeriCorps Education Award
- Learn about careers in natural resources around Wyoming
- Living stipend
- Earn your Wilderness First Aid Certification and one upper-division credit from the Environment and Natural Resources college of the University of Wyoming at no cost to you
- Be a part of something bigger than yourself as you learn about the history of the Conservation Corps, AmeriCorps and the beauty of Wyoming
- Employment: late May – mid August
- Minimum age of 18 and able to lift 50lbs
- High School Diploma or GED
- US Citizen and eligible to earn AmeriCorps Education Award
- Click here for application materials
An AmeriCorps position with Wyoming Conservation Corps is a volunteer position; an opportunity for participants to receive training, learn from their peers, and serve their community by restoring habitat and improving accessibility to natural areas. Monthly living stipends are intended to cover basic living costs (rent, utilities, food) while participating in the program.
- Crew Members – $3,250 total
Members will receive a portion of the total living stipend every month of service. This portion will reflect that month’s part of the total number of hours of service.
Corps members are enrolled in AmeriCorps, receiving the following benefits:
- Crew Members: $1,538.36 AmeriCorps Education Award
- AmeriCorps Education Awards are rewarded upon successful term completion and can be applied to existing qualified student loans or for future tuition.
- Visit http://www.americorps.gov/for_individuals/benefits/benefits_ed_award.asp for more information on alternative education award uses, institutions that match the award, and tax implications.
- Corps members MUST be eligible to enroll in AmeriCorps (as a citizen, national or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States) – The Serve America Act enables members to enroll in up to four service terms with a State and National AmeriCorps program and earn the value of two full time education awards.
- Corps members must complete their term of service in order to receive these benefits; failure to complete the term will result in immediate loan re-payment status and interest due. The Corps does NOT provide pro-rated awards to corps members who do NOT finish their term.